What is solar energy? How can you install it? What are the benefits?
Read on if you wish to answer these and other questions on the topic.
Luckily, the general awareness of the need to take care of the environment is improving and, consequentially, more and more people are now concerned about matters such as recycling, waste disposal or renewable energies such as aerothermal or solar energy.
This may be a good time to build or renovate your home and make it much more environmentally-friendly. By constructing in accordance with Passivhaus criteria you can create a virtually zero consumption property.
What is solar energy?
It is the use of the energy produced by the sun's light and heat to generate electricity or produce heat. It is obtained through use of panels and mirrors.
It is an inexhaustible and renewable source, as it comes from the sun. It is one of the easiest to produce.
Spain, and more specifically the Costa Blanca area, is the ideal place to fit your property with solar panels due to the great number of hours of sunshine per year it enjoys.
What are the benefits?
Although there are other types of renewable energies (such as wind, hydro and geothermal), solar energy has become popular as one of the easiest renewable energies to produce.
The great benefit of solar energy is that it can be used in domestic installations by fitting solar panels on roofs or in gardens and on land located close to the home.
Photovoltaic panels are the most efficient option, combined with aerothermal heat pumps, which are extremely efficient in Spain.
- It's a very cost-effective investment. It pays for itself in just 6 or 7 years.
- It's a very efficient solution.
- By combining aerothermal and photovoltaic panels we cover almost all the home thermal needs.
- Grants are available for this technology in many regions.
- It's a way of making the most of the roof of a property which would otherwise not be of any use.
- It's a clean, comfortable system which requires no provisioning and has no maintenance costs.
- We produce in the same place we consume, so we avoid losing energy during transport.
- We improve the property's energy certification.
- It's a very safe system as there is no combustion of any type.
- Modern solution which allows for architectural integration as it eliminates the need to fit unsightly chimneys.
If you would like to discover all the benefits, click the following button:
How can you install it?
It's vital to find a professional to advise you and carry out the installation to ensure maximum performance.
They will take care of deciding where to install it, obtaining necessary permissions, considering the best location to make the most of as many hours of sunlight as possible and, of course, fitting and connecting it.
Don't make the mistake of basing your choice of which solar panel system to buy on the price. Look for long-term efficiency and return on investment. If you choose a bad quality panel, it will end up being more expensive.
Types of solar energy
As well as being clean, solar energy is also one of the most abundant of all the types of renewable energy sources. There are a number of ways of making the most of this natural resource.
There are three main technologies:
- Photovoltaic solar energy: Turns sunlight into energy. This is the most cost-effective system, combined with an aerothermal heat pump.
- Concentrating solar energy (CSP) or concentrating thermal solar energy: Uses the sun's heat to drive thermal engines.
- Solar thermal energy and solar cooling: Uses solar power to provide hot water or cool air.
Jump on the solar power bus. You'll save money and help care for the environment.
Where you get your energy from says a lot about you.
If you'd like to find out more about all the possibilities of renewable energies, contact us. We'd be delighted to explain the best options with no obligations.
Jetvillas, a company under Hispano-Swiss management, has been building since 1989 and carried the ISO-9001 quality management stamp.